Skip to content
Go to Top
- On January 1, 2019, a ban on plastic straws in restaurants and other service businesses have begun in Washington, D.C.
- At the beginning of July 2018, Seattle became the largest U.S. city to ban plastic straws.
- Starbucks plans to phase out plastic straws by 2020.
- McDonald’s recently announced it will ban plastic straws at its U.K. and Ireland restaurants.
- Bon Appétit Management, a food service company with 1,000 U.S. locations, announced last May that it would phase out plastic straws.
- Alaska Airlines will be one of the first airlines to phase out plastic straws and stirrers.
- Whole Foods announced in May that it will stop offering plastic straws across all of its 500 stores in the U.S., the UK and Canada.
- Disney is in the midst of eliminating single-use plastic straws and plastic stirrers at its parks.