Skip to content
Go to Top
- It is estimated that there are now 150 million metric tons of plastic in the ocean.
- A recent study estimated as many as 8.3 billion plastic straws pollute the world’s beaches.
- In just the U.S. alone, one estimate suggests 500 million straws are used every single day.
- Plastic kills 1,00,000 marine creatures and 1 million seabirds every year.
- We can conclude that plastic straws kill less than 50,000 marine creatures a year.
- It has been projected that, if current trends continue, by 2050 the plastic in the ocean will outweigh the fish.